Thursday, November 13, 2008

Back in the Day

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about when Myke and I first met. There are a couple of reasons for that. Reason #1: November 1st was our first anniversary. It was the day when Myke and I started "going out". Cheezy, I know. We were 15, and sophomores at Brighton High school. We were in a history class together and he was always looking at me. he he. Oh, the good old times. Reason #2: My mom was my age when we met. Freaky!!! I know she was young but it really got me thinking of my kids. They are getting older all of a sudden. It's so chaotic. I know what I was doing in 6th grade and I don't want my 6th grader doing those things. Luckily, Myke said he was still interested in looking for gold coins, I on the other hand was looking for cute boys. I'm hoping my kids take after their dad in that category. I am a little nervous waiting to see what they are going to do. Fifteen isn't that far away. I don't think Myke and I were dumb teenagers so hopefully we don't raise them. I always knew when enough was enough and I think Myke did too (for the most part). Reason #3: I've been looking at old pictures. My sister said,"nothing like having a bunch of kids to ruin the fun."

A long, long time ago in 1991 when the grunge look was all the fashion...?
Going camping to do things we weren't suppose to be doing at our young age Friends from the past who in the end... done us wrong. Boo hoo... Big jerks!

Our engagement picture. We were a whole 19 years old.

4 comments:

Amy said...

U guys are so cute!!! Love the pics!! And congrats on making through another year!!!

Jen said...

Oh my gosh. You look exactly like Katie in the 1st photo.

The Gatherum Family said...

I love this post Amy! So funny. I remember you two that young...I always LOVED your grunge phase and wished I could have pulled it off! You two are so cute.

Nicole said...

Where was I in those pictures? Oh ya, I think I took like two of those. You gotta give a little credit for hooking the two of you up.. I was the "middleman" or "woman". You two were funny and were meant to be together.

I love Myke's "mug" on his knee. Probably Mt. Dew as we were all addicted to that stuff.

Mindi's quote is hilarious too but it's good to have to grow up I guess!