Monday, August 10, 2009

Wide Reciever

Kyler has wanted to do football for about 2 years now, unfortunately for him, I wasn't a huge fan of the idea. Ky took karate for about 2 1/2 years. During this time he always wanted to stop and do something else. We told him he had to finish what he started and then we would talk about it. So the day finally came when he got his black belt. One of the first things he wanted to get into was football. I was able to hold off on that one for a little while, telling him he had to gain like 10 more pounds. All of a sudden the kid that couldn't possible eat one whole piece of pizza was eating three. To my dismay, he gained that weight rather quickly. So here we are at the beginning of football season.
This is Kyler doing his football throwing pose. What a funny kid.
These pictures are of tryouts. For six days in a row one of us took him to football tryouts. They were about three hours long, every day.
This is Kyler all ready for practice, which so far has been Mon.- Fri. 5:30 - 7:30 or so. EVERY DAY!!! Oh My! As far as the good news about this whole "my son playing football" goes is that he got the position he wanted most. Wide Receiver. Good job Ky! We are so proud of you.
If anyone at this point is wondering, "why does Kyler get to do all the activities and none of the other kids are signed up for anything?" It's because that kid is soooo damn persistent. He drives me crazy sometimes. He gets all the information, where?, when?,how much?, what he needs? He just really wants to do it, which is a lot more than I can say about my other kids, who change their minds anytime one of their friends' do anything. I just can't keep up with them, so I'll let them run around in circles until they can come up with what they really want to do.
p.s. Kyler's favorite song- Gives you Hell

3 comments:

Jen said...

I think it's awesome how bad he wants this. Go Kyler !

Anonymous said...

Cute post Amy!!

Nicole said...

Go Kyler! I'm impressed with that kid. I'm sure he'll be a great Wide Receiver. As for you and Myke - that is dedication for sure! The games will be worth it.