


I'd have to say, Katie has always been my wild child. She's always on the go and always has something important to do. She can't just be home and enjoy being lazy. She has better things to do! Katie loves playing with her friends more than anything. I'm actually shocked if she comes into the house without a kid that doesn't live here. I feel like my house is friend central. Even if my kids aren't in the house, there is usually another one playing video games or hanging out in the kitchen. I'm happy that the kids like to be here. I think it will make it easier as they get older. At least I'll mostly know what they are doing.
Katie is also my "fashionista" as her aunt Mindie would say. She's always wanting some new outfit or shoes. If she can't find anything interesting to wear, she'll make something up. Don't put it past her to wear a skirt as a shirt or a tank top as a skirt. She also loves trying out new hair styles. For the first day of school she told me she wanted a bunny tail. Whatever that is? So I did what I could. Pretty much it's a bun wrapped around a pony tail. Ingenious! But I usually always revert back to the ponytail, much to Katie's dismay. Katie is very creative, which might explain her lack of tidiness. It's not that she doesn't want things to be organized, she just has better things to do with her time. If she is picking out an outfit, I guarantee her room will be a wreck. I don't know what paper and markers have to do with outfits, but I'm sure something important.
Another funny thing about Katie is she loves to eat. I'm not talking simple, easy to make meals or fast food. She would rather starve then eat pizza, and detests Wendy's. I'm talking serious entrees here. She would love nothing more than a seven course meal of delectables. I don't know where she gets her fine tastes, but it's not from anyone who lives at our house. She reminds me of a mini Mindie, no mac and cheese for her unless it's homemade and it took six hours to make. But she's always fun to take out to a restaurant. She always tries new things, and of course has to order some extravagant dessert. A far cry from her brothers who only order chicken fingers. It's pretty cute.
Katie and I don't often see eye to eye on many things, but she teaches me alot. She thinks I'm always nagging her and I don't understand her, which may get a little trickier as she gets older, but I will always try to see her point of view and where she is coming from. Daughters can be a little trying. I'd definitely say we have what most people would call a typical mother - daughter relationship. Pretty much I love her so much I would do anything in the world for her but she doesn't know it. All in all Katie is an awesome kid, daughter, sister and friend. We love her to pieces!




2 comments:
Katie is a wonderful girl. We love her too! I am sure that when she grows up and has a baby, you two will be best friends. She is just creating who she is right now. That is exactly what she is supposed to do. I love how she calls you "Woman". She loves you, Girls have a tricky road to go down. She is a very good girl at my house - so that shows you are a good mom and taught her manners.
I love that girl! Can't wait to see you all today...Go Utes!
Post a Comment