Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween 08'

This year we had a hectic but fun Halloween. We went to my sister's for her annual pumpkin carving party. Katie won a prize. She was sooo excited to win. Grandma also won a prize, I think she was more excited than Katie. Halloween was a little stressful. Getting all the kids up and ready in their costumes by 8:00 and sitting at the school waiting for over an hour for the parade to start. Luckily Grandma watched Sam, I'm pretty sure there would have been a major melt down if he would've attended. Meanwhile I'm thinking about all the things I need to get done at home before the night starts. After the parade I watched Katie's 4th grade performance. It was pretty cute. I finally got home around 10:45 and started a huge pot of chili. It was delicious if I must say so myself. Later on the kids' cousins came over to go trick or treating. I don't know how many of them actually ate dinner. They were so excited to go trick or treating they couldn't think about anything else. (Candy for dinner is way better than chili.) Finally, off they went, and I stayed home and passed out candy to all the cute kiddies. They all came home with tons of candy, and stayed up late eating candy and watching scary movies. Fun times and fun traditions!

Only one lame incident of the night... one of my neigbors that shall remain nameless but his name rhymes with "Lady Bensen" came over and demanded my car keys so he could take my car somewhere. UUUHHH NO! Then he said he wanted to talk to my mom so he could take her car. UUUHHH NO Dumb Ass! Then he left all pissed off and put out. Whatever! You know what Napolean.... You can leave.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes the chili was delicious! Good Good Times, I must say!

Amy said...

You are so funny. It took me a minute to think of what rhymed with Lady. Then it hit me. (like a ton of bricks...and laughter!)

Jen said...

Oh my god!!! He is an IDIOT!!!! Your chili smelt so yummy. I'm glad you had a fun halloween