Thursday, December 25, 2008

Our Christmas

We had a very organized and clean Christmas morning. It was so nice. We tried a new thing, where we had the kids hand out all the presents before they opened them. Of course they were a little anxious, but we got to see them open all their presents without it being a huge chaotic mess. It was fun. They each had a garbage sack so they could just throw their garbage away, and we wouldn't have to worry about the baby eating weird stuff. Sammy was so cute. He actually opened his presents. He was so happy all day. I think it was because everyone was so calm for a change.

We had a crazy amount of snow. It felt like we were snowed in. I'm sure we could have gotten out if we really needed or wanted to, but we always stay home on Christmas, so it was a good day for a lot of snow. I think it's suppose to keep snowing until tomorrow. My dad and brother said they didn't even get a flurry. I think tonight will be a different story.


Sammy got a lot of fun toys. I forgot how much fun baby toys can be.

This is Katies new pink??? chair. Well, it said it was pink when I ordered it. Oh well, she loves it anyway. She loves her new cell phone and robe. She's such a girly.

Jonas got a lot of messy toys, which he played with all day. Moon sand and an alien maker. Now, he's up in his room reading, and has been for the past two hours. His new books must be very interesting.
Kyler's favorite present was a toss up between his text messaging phone and his new ipod. He was so surprised. He kind of new about the phone but had no idea about the ipod. I got the whole thing recorded. I haven't seen that kid that excited for a long time.
Christmas is always such a fun day. The kids said this was the best Christmas they ever had. I don't think they realized they got a lot less than they usually do. But I guess they got the things they really wanted. I'm glad they are so happy.
We hope everyone had a wonderful, Happy Christmas!
Now I get to start planning Samuel's first birthday party. I can't believe in two weeks he'll be a one year old. How fast time flies.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Amy!

Jen said...

I'm glad you guys had a nice Christmas! Merry Christmas! Talk to you soon.

Amy said...

Merry Christmas! I can't believe Sammy is going to be a year!!! Holy cow!!! Kaisey is right behind him....how bout another baby? LOL

Nicole said...

It's been a while since Ive checked your blog. It was fun to see all of the new posts. I still keep waiting for pictures of you and Myke but I guess your darlings kids will make due... but hurry up and put some pictures of you too!

It looks and sounds like the kids had a great Christmas. I love Katie's big chair and I wish you would have consulted me first about the moon sand.... My girls got that last year and it was such a mess. Really cool stuff but got EVERYWHERE! Are you finding that problem as well? Maybe because it is just Jonas playing with it and not four girls it can be more contained.

I hope you and Myke had a good Christmas too.