Saturday, January 24, 2009

What's new?

Not a lot. The kids wanted to go see a movie the other day and somehow they got it in their heads that they had to earn the money to do so. Whatever, I put their butts to work.I didn't really have any jobs in mind so we decided they could clean the stove and the dishwasher. Jonas was very grossed out. I don't know why it wasn't that dirty, but for some reason he thought it was a disgusting job. Notice there are no pictures of Kyler cleaning. I guess he didn't feel like he needed to earn the money to go to the movie. Smart kid... it's not like he's going to have to stay home.
I had to post this picture. It's the classic black and white baby in the bathtub. Too cute. The other day we had cake for no reason. Aaron and Mindie kept asking Sam if he wanted cake and he would clap his hands, so they just assumed that meant he wanted cake. They gave him cake... and cake... and more cake. (and you know the whole time they're thinking this kid is going to love us... giving him all this cake) Finally I realized he was clapping his hands because he thought he was suppose to be doing pat-a-cake. Hilarious!!!
p.s. to Mindie and Aaron... in the end I'm sure he did love you for it

2 comments:

Jen said...

1st of all I would really love to know how to get my kids "think" they have to do a job so they can earn something. I have to "remind" them that you don't get everything in life for free..
2nd that's really funny pat-a-cake, I love babies.... they are soooooo smart

Anonymous said...

You better believe it!