
Where to start....?
There are so many things to say about Jonas. AKA: Jonsie, Bones, Donut, Jonsie a Bonsie, Jonah (to people who just don't understand) and my personal favorite... my little smoochy poochy.
Jonas Gabe was born on my 26th birthday. March 17, 2002. He was the best birthday present I ever got. He was my biggest baby, weighing a whopping 7lbs 10oz. And the light of my life. To me Jonas was my last baby (I guess fate had something else in mind) I wasn't even suppose to be able to get pregnant again after having an ectopic pregnancy that almost did me in. He was some kind of miracle baby, my doctor told me... little did she know... I got an extra miracle out of the deal.
Before Jonas was born we knew he suppose to be with us. He made himself known. There's a little spooky story and it goes like this... My sister was at my house with her two kids, Jackson who was about 2 1/2 and Eliza who was still a little baby. Kyler was 4 and Katie was 3. My sister was getting her kids ready to go and she said Kyler was in his room playing. I said, "no he's not, he's outside." She said she just saw a little boy wearing a red shirt playing in Kyler's room, but none of the kids were wearing a red shirt or playing in Kyler's room. Later that day I had put my kids to bed. My mom came over and we were sitting on the front porch talking. She said,"Kyler's awake, I just saw him run into the front room." I said, "No he isn't, he's already asleep." She said," yeah he is, he's wearing a red shirt." He wasn't wearing a red shirt and he was still asleep. It was so spooky but so cool. I know it was Jonas visiting us.
The morning I had Jonas I woke up to a little pop. It was my water breaking. I totally felt it. It was 8:00 a.m. exactly on a Sunday. I went to tell Myke and my mom (for some strange reason I made my mom stay the night that night) and it had snowed a ton. Myke hurried and took a shower and I actually went into real labor (all the rest were induced). We lived in Sandy at the time and it being Sunday the roads were not plowed at all. We had to get all the way to the University hospital without dying on the way. That was the scariest drive of my life. When we finally got to the hospital I was dilated to a 4. We had Jonas at 12:28 p.m. 4 1/2 hours after my water broke.
Jonas? If you don't know where we got that name and you're guessing from the Weezer song "My Name is Jonas".... your right. Myke and I both loved that name from that song. He was always Jonas from the second I found out I was having a boy.
Gabe??? His middle name. This is the only name I have a hard time with... still. Myke liked the name Gabriel. To me, it was a scary name. I liked Kaleb, but Myke would not agree. I also liked Gage but it reminded my of the little boy on Pet Cemetery, so that kind of scared me too. So we settled on Gabe? Oh well, one name out of eight isn't bad.
Jonas is a very special boy to me. I think I understand him the most out of all my kids. I think we have a special connection. He's my Pisces baby (and everyone knows about the special place in my heart for fellow pisceans). Jonas has a very tender heart. He is often shy and doesn't like people to see him cry. Everything has to be a certain way, and he likes to do things the way they're suppose to be done. He doesn't want to stand out or draw attention to himself and he likes to get things right the first time. He is a super great kid. I can't believe he is already turning 7. When Kyler turned 7 I thought he was so old, but now I think 7 is still so little.
Jonas said the funniest thing a few months ago... "mom, why don't people give me money for my birthday? They give Kyler money." I said, "It's probably because Kyler is older and people don't know what to get older kids, but when you're younger people just assume you want toys and stuff." He said,"Well, if people gave me money I could just buy what ever I wanted." "Yeah, I guess. Why don't you just ask for money than?" I told him. He said he was going to ask people for $5.00. That would be a good present. I thought it was so funny. But when I asked him what he wanted for his birthday the other day, he said he wanted a video game and a Sponge Bob movie and a gift card to Target to get another video game that comes out after his birthday. He didn't want me to give him money. (Isn't a gift card the same thing?)
Anyway, we are looking forward to Jonas' seventh birthday and my 28th birthday. he he
p.s. I wanted to put the slide show as the first post, but it didn't work out. So all Jonas' baby pictures are before this one.




4 comments:
That is so sweet. Jonas is definately his own person. He reminds me so much of Austin. The way he takes things in. Austin takes things in - they seem to fill him up. That's what I see in Jonas.
Happy almost Birthday Jonas! Yea!! 7! Man he's old.
And Amy you are a very young '28'. I want to be 28 next time too. Or 26... that sounds good.. forever 26.
Getting a li'l teary...again! Oh Jeez, I love that kid...cute post Amy!
Happy Birthday Jonas. That is so fun to hear how you got his name. I love it! It's cute that Jonas was a "whopping 7 lbs. 10 oz." too.
AND.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY!
Happy Birthday to YOU and your Jonas! I loved reading this and I learned so much :) Miss you...
Post a Comment