Thursday, July 9, 2009

Dog Days

We've been having lots of fun with Sophie. She's kind of a handful though. Between her and Sam, I don't know which one is worse. Sophie hovers around Sam, and Sam entices her with the baby smells of milk and whatever he had for lunch. Sophie knows he always has something delicious on his hands and sometimes even his tummy. Dogs and babies are pretty gross together, but I guess you learn to live with disgustingness... hopefully.


This is right before Sophie decided to pummel Sammy to the ground to get the hose. You can see the bad puppy look in her eyes.This is when she decided to get in the laundry basket and grab Myke's underwear. And yes, I had to take a picture before we got them away from her.
And how many boys does it take to wash a 9 week old puppy...?
Four... obviously
After her bath... 30 minutes of rolling around on the dirty ground.

Sophie mostly loves the kittys. Emily loves Sophie, except for when she's awake. Jake likes to tease her by being just out of reach. Ally doesn't want anything to do with that dog. Ally's definitely the wuss of the bunch.

Oh, how cute. Kyler sleeping with his dog. (The dog hair on the couch is a little annoying though)I like Sophie, she's a pretty good puppy. A lot better than most. She has already learned to sit, stay, come, and lie down. Now if I could just get her to stop barking at me when I'm trying to get her to stop biting me, I think we'll be in good shape. After having kids, I'm not really an animal person. I don't think I'll ever look at any of our animals as "my babies". To me they are just something else my kids want. And now that they are old enough, they can take care of their animals. Maybe eventually I'll learn to love em'.
Truthfully, my biggest problem with animals is that they die. When I was 10, I got my first cat. I loved that stupid cat and then it died 8 years later. Devastating. I try to tell my kids this small problem, but I guess they think it's worth the devastation. I hope so.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Amy you are seriously funny. What is it with dogs and underwear. ... I have to hid our underwear from the dogs.

Cute picutes!