Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I used to be a pretty optimistic person but somewhere along the way something went awry. Maybe it comes with age, and you just get more bitter the older you get. But if changing your mind can keep you younger and happier than why not go with that?

Starting today I am going to have a more positive outlook. I will not be bothered by other people, or let a not so nice person ruin my day. I will remember everyone must have a good side to them. I will think happier thoughts and change my negative thoughts. I will be content with where I am, instead of where I should be. I will not let financial stresses weigh on my mind and bring me down. And I will know that I am a very lucky person to be given such a wonderful life. There are many people out there who have it bad and I am thankful to not be one of those people. There are also a lot of people who look like they have it better but I am, and always have been happy that I am not them either. There are alot of trade offs in life and what looks good on the outside might not be that great on the inside. So starting today I am going to remind myself of these things I have always known but can so easily forget.

This week I am going to make a couple of goals...

1. I'm going to figure out how to work my new scarey camera
2. Have a clear internal and external flow of energy
3. Remember to shut the toilet before flushing for obvious feng shui reasons
4. Get some more of the yard in order

Hopefully keeping a list of goals will help me to feel more productive and accomplished. Because everyone who takes care of a house and children knows how hard it is to get that feeling every day. Especially when 95% of the things you do can be erased in a few short moments.

So... I hope so far I haven't bitten off more than I can chew!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing like making sure some positive energy heads your way! Don't forget to make you bed, love ya!

Jen said...

I really believe you can't look at other people and compare them to you. You are awesome and so is your family. Hey... maybe we aren't rich and stress free, but I truely think those rich people have more stress than we see. They are all about appearances.

The Gatherum Family said...

It's true that you never know what is "really" happening with others. It's good to just focus on being content and happy with you and where you are in your life...this was a great post Amy, I needed the reminder...I am going to incorporate some of these same things into my life...especially closing the lid before I flush-:) I should most definitely teach this one to my kids as well, but I consider it a victory if they LIFT the seat before peeing...