Kyler and Katie started school on Monday. They both said they liked their teachers alot, which is a relief. It always sucks when your kids come home saying they have the meanest teacher in the grade and they want to change classes. I really should have listened to Katie about that last year.Jonas started 1st grade on Tuesday. He was so nervous. He woke up in the morning and said he couldn't go to school because his stomach hurt. I told him it hurt because he was nervous and
stressed out. He said,"No mom, I'm just scared". Poor baby. (This picture is Jonas' really nervous and scared look.) He asked Kyler and Katie if they were scared when they went to 1st grade and they said no. I had to tell him of course they were, they just can't remember. Then I reminded him that everyone that is starting 1st grade today has never been to first grade before and they are probably scared too. He said, "promise, mom?" It was pretty cute. I was so nervous for him all day. He was also worried about remembering where he was suppose to put his backpack and his wad of papers that he had to turn in. That is so Jonas... he always worries and doesn't want to look like he doesn't know what he's doing. He's such a good boy. He thinks he's going to get in trouble if he doesn't do everything right. Finally the end of the day came and I was watching him walk up the street by himself (he decided to ditch Katie on the way home) and when he saw me he started running and telling me he wasn't scared anymore. It was like he was little again, running home to momma. Today he was so brave he decided to walk to school with Katie. Kyler, on the other hand,opted for a ride.
Also I have to write this, Kade says Sammy's name so cute. He says,"Hi Sommy", with the accent on the end. I wish I had that recorded. Too cute.





2 comments:
Yeah Jonas! You are such a brave First Grader!
That song is hilarious! Will your kiddos want to play afterschool?
Post a Comment