It's pretty easy keeping up the Christmas spirit at the beginning of the season, but it starts to wear a little thin towards the end. It's funny how you work so hard for one day. I told myself this year I wasn't going to be stressed out, worried or annoyed. Up until a couple of days ago, I kept this one up pretty good. I didn't let the little things bug me. Like not being able to find the certain toy or game I was looking for. I let it roll off. Washer and dryer breaking... it's all good. That way lame sales person. I let it go. Hanging out at the laundromat...now I even know how to spell it. But making Christmas candy is really starting to piss me off. For some reason I just can't seem to get it right this year. Not having enough cards, not having enough wrapping paper, not having enough time. What should I get the teachers, friends, my little brother? Those small, stupid things are just really getting on my nerves. And in the end they won't even matter. The day will still be the same, everyone will still be happy and excited. So why do I get so stressed out? I think it's because I have some stupid idea of how I want the whole thing to go down. I actually want to enjoy spending all the money(all bundled up with yummy coffee), wrapping nine thousand presents (listening to super cool Christmas music and eating fine chocolates), making Christmas candy(with the kids, not being annoyed by them). These things just don't happen without serious planning. And that kind of takes all the fun out of it.
Still, I have decided I'm going to take back my Christmas spirit. Two or three bad days are not going to ruin the rest of the week. We're going to have fun if it kills me! The kids will be out of school until the end of January. I'll just make Christmas last a little longer this year. We'll have a whole month to relax and enjoy the end result of Christmas insanity.
Creeping
13 years ago




3 comments:
You only have a week to go... you can do it. Things that have a build up (like Christmas, Weddings, Baby Showers all that) usually leave me disappointed.
This year, we are going with the flow. I didn't get the kids every last thing they want, I didn't even get out all the Christmas decorations. I think we are enjoying the holiday so far. Beside the fact I need a break from my kids.
"Wooooosaaa" (Just kidding its from a Will Smith movie) you are so great, your family is great. Christmas will be fun.
"I'm takin' 'em back...I'm takin' 'em all back"... good idea to not get too wound up over little things like paper and bows and especially not over Pat hahaha...You always make a wonderful Christmas and that energy usually lasts you all the way to Valentine's so keep it up and let the good times roll!
Your candies are delish! Now to the music...I didn't know HOW super cool you are!! You know the Darcy the Dragon song! That was my favorite growing up! My brother actually gave us the cd for christmas last year. It is truly a song that reminds me of my dad! LOVE IT!!!!
Post a Comment