Monday, December 8, 2008

What don't they want for Christmas???

These are my kids' Christmas lists. They aren't getting half this stuff but they can wish I guess.
Jonas:
Dear Santa, I've been a very good boy. My mom said so. Please bring me what I have asked for. Thank you. Love Jonas.
Sorry sliders, Rhino Rampage, A Pokemon collectors tin, Martina Matter Alien Maker, Kirby Super Star Ultra for the D.S., Mario Party for the D.S.,Life for Wii, Spore Creatures for the D.S., Motor scooter, moon sand, a real dog, Ultra Dinosaur, Wario Land Shake it for the Wii, Mario Sluggers for the Wii, connect the dots book, Pokemon Ranger Shadow something or other for the D.S., Trouble, Sorry, a list of books and something I can't even read.
Katie:
No letter for Santa, just a list written in red and green with a little border.
1. i dog soft speaker 2. big pink fuzzy chair 3.a blue video camera from justice 4. earrings 5. a pillow with a K on it 6. a big stuffed animal 7. a telephone from Justice 8. clothes 9. motor bike 10. a blanket with a K on it 11. a robe 12. PJs 13. another coat (I guess the first one wasn't good enough) 14. My Mebas 15. i tunes 16. The Tail of Despareux 17. a jewelry box that can hang necklaces 18. microphone stand 19. Kleenex 20. My Fashion Designer for D.S. 21. a new cell phone.

Kyler:
Dear Santa, give me these things right now or else.
cellphone, itunes, candy, money soap (from an infomercial), Artemis Fowl books, some other books, Risk, Stratego, an ipod, Guitar Hero for the D.S. and a new D.S. because Jonas broke his twice.
We've had many Christmas's with kids and I know from past experiences that they don't really care about half of this stuff, they just watch way to much T.V. I told them to put a star by the five things they want the most. Jonas put a star by every single thing. I don't think he understood the instructions.
The other day I was listening to the radio and they were trying to get donations for kids that don't get anything for Christmas. They said,"Everyone is going through hard times right now and people can't have the Christmas's they are used to. That doesn't mean you still can't give. Regardless, you still have more than a lot of people, and you can still give to others". I agree, and maybe you can't save the world and make sure every kid has something but you can do your part, starting with your corner of the world and hopefully spread it outward. I think you should definitely help the people closest to you first and then go from there. Well.. that's what I'm working on.

4 comments:

The Gatherum Family said...

Oh you are so funny. Gotta love the lists. Boe's made me DIE laughing this year, he didn't know what half of the stuff was that he wanted, so he described each thing in great detail. Funny.

Jen said...

The lists are cute. At least they are asking for books too. Faith wants everything she sees on commercials. Its funny. I just wait for Saturday morning... mommy look I want that, mommy look I want that... on and on. Our kids are spoiled. I'm glad we can spoil them.

I'm with you though. I have a save the world problem. I keep trying to figure out how to do it. I don't like that some people are soooooo rich and some have nothing. It's sad when kids are afraid Santa won't be coming to their house this year. It's sad some people don't have a place to live or food to eat. This is where my I want to save the world problem starts. I know I can't do it.

Cute lists anyhow!!

Amy said...

Thank you for that!! You made me remember what Christmas is REALLY about!!! I'm going to do a little more than I planned to do!!!!

Blondie said...

Okay, just gotta say that I love how creative you are!! Love the cards and ornaments. Enjoyed your Christmas post, kids make me giggle. Happy Holidays!!