Saturday, September 20, 2008

There's Always A Bright Side

I used to think I could appreciate a good home improvement project, but now I realize what I appreciate is picking out the new stuff and the finished result.

About 6 weeks ago we realized, by a brown sagging ceiling, that the upstairs bathroom's toilet has been slowly leaking into the floor. By the looks of it, this has been going on for some time. We first had to cut a giant hole in the ceiling of Kyler's room to figure out just what was going on. After pulling the toilet we realized it was a bad seal on one of the pipes. An easy fix you would think, but like I said it's been going on for some time. It just had gotten to the point where the floor was so wet it was leaking into the basement. You may wonder how did you not know this? Well for one thing it's the kids' bathroom. I usually only go in there to clean it. For another thing, after ripping up the pergo wood floor (yes, wood in the bathroom) there was linoleum under that. And under that... 2 separate sub floors? That was a lot of wood to be soaking up all that water. I thought the floor just looked weird because kids are slobs in the bathroom and they weren't keeping the water in the tub like I told them to. And it was wood. Okay, maybe we're not the smartest people in the world.

What's worse then a home improvement project... a home improvement project you have to do, not choose to do. Myke's been busy ripping up the floor and accidentally breaking the toilet. I on the other hand don't have to do too much besides paint. But it is so annoying when you can see the basement from the upstairs bathroom. When the mess leaks into the hallway, and all you can do is clean up around the area. Such bad feng shui!

I will choose to look on the bright side. At least we don't always have to live like this. At least we'll get a new bathroom out of the deal. At least I won't have to clean that bathroom for awhile.

I asked Myke if he thought it would be done by Christmas. He said,"By Christmas?, it will be done it two weeks." So hopefully by Christmas we'll have a new bathroom.

No comments: