Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Sweet Katie!

I think Kates had a pretty good birthday. She got everything she asked for, even some of the things she forgot she asked for. She's such a sweet girl, she deserves the world in my eyes. Katie had a fun day. She woke everyone up really early and opened her presents. Then her thoughtful aunt brought her her favorite strawberry drink from the coffee shop. At lunch time she said,"Can I please have Top Ramen for lunch, because it is my birthday." So, of course I had to make that. Her brothers were very happy with her lunch decision. I thought, wow that's easy, I wonder why she would want that. I didn't argue; I had a lot of work to do before her party. She got an itunes gift card, she used up in about four seconds. She was so happy when her party guests finally arrived. We had her favorite dinner, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, stuffing, rolls and no thanks, she doesn't want any of the meat. After that we took a big cousin photo. I will definatly be posting later. Thanks so much to Jennifer for organizing the chaos. I think I got some good ones. Then it was time for spice cake with cream cheese frosting and present opening. It was a suprisingly stressful day, but birthdays usually are for some reason. It didn't help that Sam was a big booger most of the day. I wonder how babies know the perfect time to have a bad day? All in all it was fun. The best part of it... I get to do another party tomorrow with her friends. I was so worried about her first party, I don't know how ready we are to have another one. AAAAHHHH!

(I had to use the Katie and Tommy song, she used to love it when she was little. She would say,"Mom, do I have to marry a boy named Tommy?")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember she loved that song. You threw a great party and we had fun celebrating Katie's big day. Good luck on tonight's party. Love ya.